Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lewis Lane Youth Praise Band

Lewis Lane Baptist Church's youth is forming a praise band for youth services and I am one of the guitarists. The other guitarist is Nick Miller who will also sing. Because he is singing Nick plans on playing rhythm guitar, the idea is that simply playing the chords will not require to much attention that he can still sing. Him playing rhythm leaves lead open to me. I'm really excited about having the oppurtunity to both play with people and play for people as so far I have only played alone to myself. This is a good chance to excercise my skills and build on them while performing for people. The only downside is that it really isn't my kind of music. The contemporary Christian music isn't very like the classic rock I like. It's closer to contemporary music which I don't care much for. I prefer much more of a blues influence and might even try to work some of that into my playing to make it my own. There is one other problem. We don't have a bassist. Only people going to the church can play in the band and nobody in the youth plays bass or even has a bass guitar. We'll see just how far we can go but for now we are getting started and figuring out just where everyone is going to fit into the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment