Thursday, April 29, 2010

First week of work

I had my first week of working this month. I can say with certainty that I am not a big fan of the whole work thing. I work at Sears as a Softline MCA. In other words I stock and straighten the clothing at Sears. Sears is not very well known for its clothes, it is usually visited for the tools and appliances, or the hardlines section. Since I am a minor, I can't work in that section of the store, so I stay fairly bored. I worked 21 hours last week, most of which was straightening the store for hours on end. I have also done lots of e-training which is mind-numbingly obvious training on ethics and work safety. It's better than working with food, I am sure, but it is so boring and there are many things I would much rather be doing. But this is the only way I can make money, and besides I am finally getting experience, something I hadn't had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment