Wednesday, March 31, 2010

In the mood for camping

For the longest time now I have really been in the mood for camping. But when I say camping, I mean CAMPING. I don’t mean getting a campsite somewhere and setting up a tent and all that other stuff. I mean walking into the woods with only as much as you can carry, clearing a campsite in the woods, and then setting up a tent. I want to go out in the woods looking for a fallen limb still hanging in a tree and chop it up for fire wood. I want to start a fire with at the most a lighter or a match. I want to cook food on the campfire and sit there until its dark and I’m tired. Then I want to build up the fire real big and go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning I want to build up another fire out of the coals of the old one and then cook breakfast. I want to be near some water so that I could swim or fish or canoe. I would also want to be near some good hiking area. That’s real camping, and that’s exactly what I have been in the mood for for a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment