Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Eve tradition

My family isn't really big on traditions. We go to so many different places to celebrate Christmas that it is pretty difficult to have any real traditions and follow them. Some years we go down to Texas and celebrate with my mom's sister. Other times we go out to the family farm. While other times are spent either at my dad's sister's house or at my house. The only Christmas tradition we follow is that we read Luke chapter 2 before we open presents.

While we may spend Christmas at a variety of different locations we always follow a certain Christmas Eve tradition. My mom has family in Oregon, and in Oregon there used to be a place that made cheese, so every Christmas her family would send us cheese. So for Christmas Eve we would have a meal of cheese, crackers, apples and chicken. I can not remember a Christmas Eve that we did not have this meal. The place that made the cheese has closed and so now we go to Wal-Mart and buy cheese there.

This year we will continue the tradition with my brother, his wife, my sister, and her husband. I am looking forward to continuing the tradition and to seeing my siblings and their spouses.

No comments:

Post a Comment