Saturday, January 30, 2010

Even a book is no judge, part 3

Once I emerged from the depths of the man's pocket I was greated by fresh air. I welcomed the refreshing morning air and looked around as the man gazed at my cover with wonder, feeling the gold letters on my leather cover. I saw the sun rising, the birds in the trees building nests, and the gruff face of the man starring in amazement at me. I creaked at him in protest as he opened me up. I wondered what he thought he could accomplish by this as he would never be privy to my secrets. He ran his finger across my title as he slowly read it. I was astonished that he was literate, I really was. He continued to the next page and read that. It took him a while but he was determined. He worked his way through me page by page finally finishing the first chapter. I still was repulsed by him but he was an improvement upon the last man to possess me as he actually held me as being of importance. I wasn't in a fine study of a magnificent house and then morning dew was beginning to wrinkle my pages but at least I was adorred again. I found some peace in this crude dwelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment