Tuesday, September 8, 2009

On President Obama's Speech

Today, in AP US History(APUSH), we watched President Obama's speech to students about how important our education is and how that we need to work hard in school. Personally I believe this speech was a waste of time, his and mine. I mean even though his speech might have affected some students, I think he basically told us everything we have ever heard. Besides that I think that the kids that don't care about school probably didn't listen, and the kids that do well in school probably didn't need to hear it because they are already knew everything he had to say. I found one particular part of his speech humorous, he said that in order for the US to be successful in the future the kids in school now had to work hard, (this is the funny part) he then proceeded to say that to fail in school would be failing our country, while this is true I still found it to be hilarious. Personally I'm really tired of school. The whole focus is on testing and grades rather than actually learning information. The sad thing is that it isn't that the school system is broken, it's that it works. But I don't really care, I know what I want, and I'll fight to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment